District Meetings Scheduled!
ONCE A YEAR we go around the state to give an opportunity to those in the HVAC industry to hear what CAAG is doing for YOU and offer your input into what CAAG should or could be doing to help you more! This is your chance to let YOUR association hear from YOU! Come and let’s talk with friendly competitors and suppliers about your industry and what can be done to further help make life a little easier for you and help your BOTTOM LINE!
Invite your friendly competitors and suppliers who should be CAAG members and let’s let them know what CAAG is doing and why we need their help! The more members we have the more we can do for YOU!
Be sure to register so we know you are coming or these meetings will have to be canceled if there is not enough interest in your area 3 days before the date!
This year there is NO CHARGE to attend these lunch meetings! Resideo / Honeywell Home Products - Chuck Rose and Jeffrey Dodgen are sponsoring all the meetings. We very much appreciate them doing this. Hopefully more industry professionals will attend and hear what CAAG is doing for the industry!
To register click on ‘EVENTS’ at the top of the site. Then select the city location you wish to attend.
Statewide Associate Members
Local Chapter Members
|Austell Gas System||Ductz of Greater Atlanta|
|Engineering & Equipment||Epting Distributors|
|Greystone Power||Heating and Air Conditioning Supply|
|Hughes Supply||Hughes Supply, Macon|
|National Compressor Exchange||Rapid Recovery of Augusta|
|Superior Hoods, Inc.|
Who is CAAG?
The Conditioned Air Association of Georgia (CAAG) is a state-wide, non profit trade association which represents heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration contractors (HVACR) who work on residential, commercial and industrial construction projects.
CAAG has over 500 members in 13 local chapters. The membership is composed of a great diversity in sizes of member firms from the very large mechanical contractors to the very small family owned businesses. Regardless of the size, CAAG represents the professionals in the industry who have a genuine interest in improving the industry for both the customer and the contractor.
CAAG’s goal is to promote quality and professionalism in the HVACR industry in the state of Georgia and the demonstration of a genuine concern for the satisfaction of our customers by providing quality service.
For more information call Bruce Widener, CAAG at 678-646-2224 (CAAG) or see our web site at www.caag.org.
What has CAAG done for YOU lately?
* Being able to mail or fax in permits.
* Amended the “Veterans’ License Law” to say they had to take the exam to prove they are qualified.
* Only have to buy One (1) Business License (This should pay your dues for ever!)
* Being able to do your own Electrical work.
* Provided that you have 2 days to get a permit in emergency cases.
* Got the “Handy Man” amendment vetoed!
* Stopping the “Grandfather” Clause year after year that would open up licensing to unqualified people.
* Provided for stiff penalties for “Unlicensed Contractors”.
* Requiring the license number on vehicles to easily identify unlicensed contractors.
* Being able to sue cities/counties for excessive permit fee and have them pay our attorney fees.
* Stopping Utility Competition and cross subsidization of utility funds.
* Improved Lien Laws—”Title to Equipment” clause.
* Working on better insurance rates—P&C, Work Comp, Health
* Working to improve the industry for all of us.
Become a member
Recent blog posts